It is not my place to dictate that anyone take the vaccine or not take the vaccine. I have sent out two links that give both sides of the argument, the one from Focus on the Family, that the vaccine is safe and the other from Highwire, that the vaccine is not safe. It is between you and the Lord as to which you choose, just wanted to pass along the info. to make an educated opinion. We will continue to love one another regardless.
But how do we think biblically about what is going on in our world? There are at least 5 points that come to mind:
1. If we die from whatever reason, we go straight to heaven and that is not a bad thing.
II Corinthians 5:1-8
Therefore, there is no reason for us to be so afraid of dying, that we stop living.
2. The next major event in the Church and human history is the rapture.
I Thessalonians 4:16-18
At the end times there will still be enough people to make war and to come under the judgement of our God. There is nothing in prophecy that would indicate that humanity will be wiped out by either a virus or a vaccination.
3. Our primary purpose on this earth is to preach the gospel. Mark 16:15
The fact that so many believers do not preach the gospel, may indicate that the Church no longer has anything left to do on the earth, it is time to go home.
4. Our weapon for attack is the Word of God. Ephesians 6:17
The weapon that we have to confront this ungodly world is the sword of the Spirit, the Word of God. We teach the Bible and allow the Holy Spirit to use it to convict and convince. This is the light that shines in a dark world.
5. Being made in the image of God, we have the ability to choose right from wrong and to yield to the Spirit or to sin. Romans 6:11-23
From a social/political perspective in this country we have the freedom to choose. It seems reasonable therefore, that we should have the right to choose between having the vaccination or not or for that matter to wear masks or not etc.
Yours by His Grace